Abstract Submission Deadline: 31 May 2018 (Time zone UTC/GMT +1h)
Abstract Notification: Authors will be notified directly about abstract decisions (early July 2018).
The ESVN/ECVN Annual Symposium Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for both oral and poster presentations. Abstracts should be electronically submitted in English in the format described below. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Those accepted will be published in the conference proceedings and in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (JVIM), if suitable.
Abstracts will be considered for both oral and poster presentations. The final decision regarding the format lies within the ECVN Scientific Committee and is based on the scientific merit of the submission, the subject of the abstract, in particular how this relates to the overall theme of the conference and to the subject of individual sessions within the conference, and to the preferences of the submitting author. Consideration is also given to the nature of the study and how data might best be presented.
Submitting authors should indicate at the time of abstract submission whether an oral or poster presentation is preferred; please recognise that it is not always possible to accommodate these preferences. The submitting author should also indicate if she/he is a neurology resident or a young neurologist in training (including interns and PhD students).
Electronic slides should be organized in Microsoft Power Point presentation. The symposium organizer will supply the required audiovisual equipment, such that personal laptops are not needed. The time allotted for an oral presentation will be 8 minutes for the presentation, with an additional 2 minutes available for discussion.
Abstracts accepted for poster presentations must be displayed in the poster area of the conference centre. There will be specific poster sessions during symposium and authors are expected to attend their posters to answer questions of delegates. Poster size must fit to 1190mm height and 840mm width.
In addition to a poster presentation, we expect 25 authors to be invited to present their work as a flash poster presentation within the main programme. Flash poster presentations should be organized in a Microsoft power point. The time allotted for a flash poster presentation will be 3 minutes + 1 minute available for short questions. The main discussion should be held at the poster sessions.
Your complete presentation must be sent to CAP Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE 2 September 2018.
Only abstracts following the guidelines below will be considered for presentation and publication:
- Submit the abstract as an MS Word file (.doc or .docx)
- The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words.
- Do not include the title, author names, authors’ affiliations in the body of your abstract. Instead you need to enter the title, names and affiliations online later during the submission process.
- Font: Times New Roman, size 10.
- Paper Size: letter (8 1⁄2 inches x 11 inches), i.e. not an A4 paper. Margins: top – 3 inches, bottom – 2 inches, left – 1.5 inches, right – 1.5 inches Paragraphs: single spacing and fully justified (“square” so that the text reaches both margins).
- Indent each paragraph three spaces.
- Indicate whether ethical permission was obtained for the study.
- If no institution is involved, give the city and state. Omit degrees, titles, institution appointments, street address and ZIP code.
- Do not mention support of work for a research grant.
Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
- A statement of the purpose of the study.
- A statement of the methods used.
- A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions.
- A statement of the conclusions reached (it is not sufficient to state that “the results will be discussed” or “other data will be presented “)
- Do not use subheadings (e.g. methods, results).
- Abbreviations accepted by the “Journal of the American Medical Association” are suggested. Abbreviations otherwise not defined must be provided by the author by placing them in parenthesis after the first full word the first time they appear. Abbreviations should be avoided in titles. Non-proprietary (generic) names are required the first time a drug is mentioned, written in small letters. Proprietary names are always capitalized, e.g. cimetidine (Tagamet).
- Please name your abstract file using the following format: First author’s surname (space) key word, for example “Wielander myoclonic epilepsy.doc“.
Abstracts should be submitted online, named and conforming to the guidelines above by the deadline of 31 May 2018 (Time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour).
You will be notified about whether your abstract has been accepted (and whether as a Poster Presentation or Oral Platform Presentation) once the ECVN/ESVN Annual Symposium Scientific Committee has reviewed all the submitted abstracts, no later than 1 July 2018.